Insert Piz Here->
Piz MIDI plugin collection
These are intended to be small, useful MIDI processing VST 2.4 plugins, and are available for Windows (32/64-bit), Linux (x86), and Mac OS X (PPC/x86, 32/64-bit), unless otherwise noted. They use the host-provided GUI for easy development. C++ source code is available via Google Code.
Current price: free.
- midi16CCRouter - Changes up to 16 CCs to 16 other CCs.
- midi2qwerty16 - Use MIDI to trigger fake keystrokes to the focused window.
- midiAlias - Note values are reflected between a "Nyquist Note" and a "Zero Note," similar to the effect of audio sample aliasing.
- midiAudioToCC - Converts audio amplitude to CC messages.
- midiBlackKeyFilter - Separately adjust velocity of black and white keys, and/or send them on different channels.
- midiCCModulator - Use one CC to modulate another CC (or note velocity) in various ways: add/subtract/multiply/etc, plus logic gates (AND, NAND, XNOR, etc).
- midiCCReset - Remembers CC values and sends them out again at selected times.
- midiCCStepper - Quantize CC events by value or in time.
- midiCCToggle - For changing momentary CC buttons into toggles.
- midiChannelize - Transforms everything to the selected channel.
- midiChordHold - Sustains a chord until another one is played.
- midiChordSplit - For splitting polyphonic material to multiple midi channels based on selected note ranges for each voice.
- midiChs_noGUI - Channel filter/changer like energyXT1 "MIDI chs" component.
- midiConverter3 - Change and convert between CC, Channel Pressure, Poly Aftertouch, Program Change, Pitch Bend, NRPN/RPN, Note On/Off, and other messages in various ways.
- midiDelay - Delay notes and/or CCs with feedback.
- midiDuplicateBlocker - Remembers all MIDI message values it gets on each channel, and blocks any repeated values until a different value is received.
- midiExactDelay - Simple delay (no dry signal, no feedback) with flexible and precise delay time.
- midiFingered - Selectively sends standard portamento on/off CC messages to emulate "fingered portamento" for synths that don't have it.
- midiForceToKey - Enforces a scale, and transposes within the scale (optionally based on MIDI notes on a selected channel).
- midiForceToRange - Transposes notes by octave into the selected range.
- midiInvertNotes - "Mirrors" notes centered around the selected note.
- midiKeySplit - Simple keyboard splitter.
- midiKeySplit4 - Four-zone keyboard splitter.
- midiMultiProgramChange - Uses input program change to trigger selected program changes on all channels.
- midiNotchFilter - Isolate, remove, or channelize specific MIDI messages.
- midiNoteGroups - Assign play and/or choke groups to MIDI notes.
- midiNoteMap - Simple 1-to-1 keyboard mapper.
- midiNoteRepeater - Repeats every Nth note a set number of times, or blocks it.
- midiNotesToCC - Converts note number and velocity to CC messages.
- midiNoteToggle - Notes (optionally within a selected range and/or channel) are toggled... play a note once to turn it on, play it again to turn it off.
- midiNRPNConverter - Converts between NRPN/RPN and CC messages, with 16 conversion slots.
- midiOverlappingNoteKiller - Prevents overlapping notes at the same pitch.
- midiPitchBendQuantize - Quantizes pitch bend messages to up to 25 values.
- midiPitchBendToNotes - Changes pitch bend plus note messages into notes at the "bent" pitch (may be useful for using Suzuki QChord with non-multitimbral instruments).
- midiPolyphony - For spreading polyphony across MIDI channels, i.e. if you play 4 notes, each one will go to a different channel. Polyphony per channel can be set from 1 to 16 notes for more flexibility. You can also use it to convert polyphonic input to monophonic output.
- midiProbability - Add probability-based effects to incoming MIDI events, optionally synced to host timeline.
- midiProgramChange - Send Program Change and/or Bank Select messages.
- midiSimpleLFO - One CC LFO with some "simple" options.
- midiScaleChanger - Transposes notes by individual scale degrees and/or globally, to change one scale into another. Among other things, this allows you to play any scale using only the white keys.
- midiSostenuto - Like a piano sostenuto pedal, but for MIDI notes instead of piano dampers.
- midiStrum - Sequentially delays notes of an input chord to simulate strumming.
- midiStuckNoteKiller - Sends note-off messages to end hanging notes when the host stops (for hosts that don't do this themselves).
- midiSwing - Delays and/or offsets velocity of and applies probability to notes (and optionally also CCs) at every other step of a selected note value.
- midiTriggerList - Use one note or CC to trigger up to 8 other notes and/or CCs.
- midiVelocityScaler - Scale/reverse/offset velocity of input notes (Note On and/or Note Off).
Not all VST hosts support MIDI VST plugins. Most do, some quite well, and others with certain complications.
Renaming a plugin with "fx" in its name with force the plugin to load as a VST effect. By default they load as VST instruments. See pizmidi.ini for more options for configuring plugins globally or per host.
Aodix AudioMulch 2.0 Bidule Buzz/Buzé/etc (via Polac VST loader) Cantabile Console Cubase/Nuendo energyXT FL Studio Jost MaizeStudio Max/MSP Metaplugin MiniHost MU.LAB Pedalboard2 Pure Data REAPER SAVIHost Studio One SynthEdit Temper Tracktion Usine VFX/V-Machine VSTHost
As VST Instruments Only:forte Live SONAR
As VST Effects Only:Cubase LE 4 (no instrument rack) Kore MOS (Open Labs Music OS 3.0)
AudioMulch 1.0 Chainer Kristal Orion Podium Pro Tools Project 5 Renoise Samplitude
ACID Logic Phrazor Psycle Tunafish Vegas n-Track Studio everything else.
Available via Google Code.